We know its been a long time coming but Glimpse 0.83 is finally up and ready to go.
We have a bunch of fixes and features in this build including the infamous 404 fix and a heap of other changes, some of which are listed below:
- Switch from /Glimpse/Config to /glimpse.axd, including temporary automatic redirect and warning message
- Notification on at top of screen when Glimpse is turned on
- Glimpse/glimpseClient.js has been shifted to /Glimpse.axd?r=client.js to support certain server configurations
- Glimpse/glimpseSprite has been shifted to /Glimpse.axd?r=sprite.png to support certain server configurations
- Added a bunch of new fields to the Environment tab and re-arranged the layout
- Added application/json as a default content type
- Simple fix for a bug where ajax requests can occur before Glimpse is rendered
- Shifting placement of expand/collapse data icon in the UI
- Changed font of text in Glimpse panel to something more readable
- Made IGlimpsePlugin implementations more testable by replacing HttpApplication with HttpContextBase
- Introduction of logging – … – used for debugging glimpse
- Fixed bug with users in non en-Us cultures
- Fixed issue some users were getting with PowerShell install file
- Vastly improved Glimpse documentation (with more on the way!), HUGE thanks @hahndorf
Also, keep an eye out for the automatic update notifier that we have built into the Glimpse UI that will tell you when an update is available. This was released with Glimpse 0.82 but this will be the first time it is able to be used.
Note, we also are officially providing a copy of the Glimpse dll’s on Codeplex for people not using Nuget – http://glimpse.codeplex.com/.
Please give us feedback and let us know how it goes! Thanks again for all your support.