We are pleased to announce the release Glimpse 0.84.
This release includes the following improvements to the core:
- urlBlacklist validator contributed by hahndorf
- Support for IP validation when server is behind a proxy/load balancer contributed by rho24
- Glimpse <script> tags now render inside <body> tags
- Added exception information to glimpseLog when enabled
- UI facelift, including update to glimpse icon
- Static glimpse files are now cached in browser, improving performance (can be disabled via web.config)
- Fixed NullReferenceException problem on session tab
In addition we’ve made a change to the MVC3 package:
- Fixed bug that caused the execution tab to always be disabled
You can download Glimpse 0.84 from NuGet.org or CodePlex.com
We have been looking at our design lately and been trying to make some general improvements to the look and feel.
From the start you can see that we have tried to go with a more “steel” theme and make the colours more consistent. You can see that the selected and hover states of the tabs now merge seamlessly into the top bar odd/even background colours are a little lighter – hopefully making it a little easier to read.
Like always, besides the buttons in the top bar on the right, everything is done with pure css and we have also added a couple of slight css transition to just soften things (nothing too overt though). We have widened the css gradient rules to take into account opera and IE10. Also, we have tried to get the look a little better in IE < 9 (not that we are officially supporting it though).
If you have any feedback or ideas, please let us know. These changes will come in with the release of 0.84+.